Sunday, June 3, 2012

Burning Flags


I maintain a strong respect for Thomas Jefferson, but I have no moral obligation to his country. I am ever grateful that George Washington was not a king, but I am not loyal to his geographical boundaries. I would protect my just brother in war, but I would not protect the image of his state. I would not have a single state, and I will give voice to none. 

I would not have a border, and I will not maintain a difference. A mexican is an american is a britain is a somalian is a mongolian is a korean is an anything. What bigoted man believes there is a noteworthy difference? 


A black man is not a white man, and he doesn’t want to be one. Men are not women and their brains are not alike. Countries are not their people and people are not their countries. There is a sufficient mix of everything everywhere for everything to be anywhere. 


Calm down and relax. Prosperous people work and play. They love and they are loved. The wise ones engage in complex social interactions that bring both stability and peace. Please don’t infer that the government should be credited for the virtues of the people and the people’s heroes. 


When there is no government the people will still have leaders. When there is no state there will still be law. When there are no borders there will still be property lines. Everything will be about the same. The difference, we will be a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment