Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blinking Goverment

I’m going to take time away from what I should be doing (reading up on power systems) and discuss my views on government instead.

There should be no federal government. The national level should not exist. The state level should not exist. Borders should not exist. We’d be better off without county lines and city limits. If the United States were a moral people, the only borders would be the Canadian borders and the Mexican borders. There would be no United States, but a United people, a world people. Canada and Mexico would have no power over us and we would be free.

Oh, but I believe in government. I believe in subscribing to government. I would purchase my government. I would leave my government for a better government without leaving my home. I would pay for protection and be protected. I would be free.

My chosen government would bargain with the power company for me. The road companies would solicit my chosen government or me for my business. I would be free to drive anywhere people desire my government’s or my money. Utility providers would succumb to collective bargaining on the private market.

Would there be coercion? Yes. Power companies would be coerced into reasonable prices. Critical paths and roads would be protected by the coercion of the majority while provided at a profit by capitalists. The threat of force would be available at all times, but resorted to rarely. You see, we would form mutually beneficial relationships.

Oil companies would muse over private warfare in Iraq, but the capitalistic military providers would sell Iraqi protection. War would be more costly than trade. Exporting weapons at a profit would be synonymous to “national” security. Profit seeking weapon providers would bring the world more peace, not less.

Terrorists... more people are murdered by your neighbors than by terrorists. Both are murder, and both would be “punished.” Safety would be insured by prisons that charge your selected government money to operate. Rule of law would be supported by appeals to private judiciary bodies. Either governments would subscribe to third party justice systems or individuals would solicit protection.

You see, order exists naturally. We aren’t free because we live in a rigid traditional system. We aren’t safe because we have fixed government police or officials. People communicate and work things out. Order emerges naturally. I’d rather be free to choose mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment